We don't know about you, but just adore summer. With longer days full of sunshine and vacation, it's the time of year that backyard celebrations and activities reign above all else. We hope you have plans to soak up as much sunshine as possible this year, and we're here to help you come up with a few out-of-the-box activities that the family can enjoy outside. Hey, these games might even be considered beneficial to your child's development... sounds like a winner to us!
Our Favorite Backyard Activities
1. A backyard birthday celebration- Throw out all of those old birthday party ideas, because this camping themed party is sure to be a success. Featuring fun activities that bring the fun of camping into your backyard, we just adore the idea of this kind of unique summer celebration!
2. Obstacles for entertainment- The adventure of an obstacle course is a great way to keep the kids active and engaged this summer. Thanks to this list, you'll probably even have most of the items on hand, making it both entertaining and incredibly convenient to create.
3. Digging for dinosaurs- Did somebody say adventure? Engage your little one's imagination with a real-life dinosaur dig. All you need is a few supplies and you'll be on your way to excavating a few fantastic treasures (and a whole lot of fun)!
4. Outdoor fun for the littlest ones- Give your toddlers the thrill of outdoor entertainment with these fun games that help develop their sensory skills. With simple supplies found right at home, these activities will surely keep them entertained for hours.
5. The wonder of color, summer style- When the weather is warm, nothing says outdoor fun like some water balloon play. When you add color mixing to that activity, you've got the makings of one educational and entertaining summer activity. What more could you ask for?
Let the backyard fun begin!
-The Girls at Itty Bitty Bella