Soccer games, baseball practice, dance recitals, parent-teacher meetings, work mixers... these are a few of the activities that fill your busy schedule. While we all strive to be the next Rachel Ray in the kitchen, creating culinary concoctions to tickle the taste buds of our family, there are just some days when eating out is the best option. Whether you're in the mood for a sit-down feast, or a quick drive through pick-up meal, eating with your itty bitties is always easier when the restaurant caters to even its smallest customers. In honor of the tiniest taste buds, we've compiled a list of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants. Each of these establishments is local and respectful of the busy life that you lead as a parent, and wants to show you a little appreciation for all that you do. Don't you just love a little "thank you" from time to time?
1. Texas de Brazil (150 Peabody Place, 526-7600)- For the meat-eaters in your family, this restaurant is the perfect feasting experience. You'll be able to enjoy your fill of Brazilian-style steak, and your six to twelve year old will receive 50% off of their meal, three to five year olds will eat for just $5 and children under two eat free. If you're looking for a bit of luxury, this is just the way to treat your family.
2. Perkins (960 W. Poplar, Collierville, 850-0499) - When you don't have the time or energy to slave over a home-cooked meal in your own kitchen, Perkins is ready to step in. With so many choices on their menu, it won't be hard to please even the pickiest palates of your tots. Kids 12 and under eat free from 4:00 to 10:00 pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays. With a deal this good you'll be more than willing to save room for a yummy baked dessert.
3. Holiday Ham and Deli (all locations)- While it's always easy to throw a sandwich together, sometimes it's just more tasty to have one made for you. Plus, if you're anything like us, after a long day the last thing you want to do is pull out your panini maker. This cute cafe will do the cooking for you and more-- plus, your kids will love all of the choices outside of their go-to PB and J. Kids 13 and under eat free on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 3:00 pm, with one free kids meal per each adult meal ordered.
4. Chick Fil A (Collierville and Germantown locations)- We're not sure we've ever met a little one that isn't fond of chicken nuggets. In fact, we're not sure we've met many adults that aren't fond of Chick Fil A. From healthy choices such as salads and grilled chicken wraps to the delicious crispy breaded chicken and waffle fries, this southern staple has something for everyone. It's quick, easy and even offers free kids meals every Tuesday at the Collierville and Germantown locations.
5. Crepe Maker (4630 Merchants Park Circle, 861-1981)- For a unique twist on the typical dinner, this restaurant is an ideal option. Melt-in-your-mouth crepes are made from scratch and filled with hearty meats, cheeses and veggies to create a variation of the traditional sandwich. Talk about making a meal fun! Plus, there are plenty of fantastic options for dessert. Kids 12 and under eat free Tuesdays from 5:00 to 8:00 pm with the purchase of one adult meal.
-The Girls at Itty Bitty Bella