Glass bottles were still sold and manufactured all throughout the world even after plastic bottles came to the market and seemly overtook homes of new mothers everywhere. Just when we all figured out which bottles did what, what plastics were good, which were bad and which liners our babies liked best science quickly showed us we are back to square one. Literally. We're back to traditional glass bottles.
(4 oz glass bottles with shock-resistant silicone sleeve)
Why? In recent years plastic has been put under the microscope. Besides getting a bad rap from environmentalists and good citizens everywhere for the damage it causes to our environment, it's been tested, retested and, tested some more for harmful chemicals. Studies have shown that harmful chemicals can leach out of the plastic when heated making the plastic baby bottle unsafe for your itty bitties.
In case you need a little more convincing, here's some additional reasons mother's everywhere are turning to glass bottles:
- They keep contents warmer/colder longer than regular plastic bottles
- They can be easily sterilized in the dishwasher or with boiling water
- The glass does not absorb smells or tastes (so if you forget a milk bottle lying around the house the the bottle won't smell like moldy milk once you clean it out!)
- Glass bottles give off no after tastes like plastic bottles do.
- They can last forever! Unless you break or chip them, there is no need to replace them.
Don't believe us? Watch this!
If you want to conduct this little experiment for yourself, feel free to stop by and give it a try!
- The Girls at Itty Bitty Bella
You might also like:
Zoo Bibs (foldable and fun bibs)