It's summertime! Time for the kids to take a break from school and spend their days at home...being entertained? Now that June is coming to an end, you may be scrounging for new ideas to keep your little ones occupied during the remaining summer days, but don't worry, because we've got your back. In the spirit of all things fun and fancy free, we've compiled some special summer activities that are great for playing inside or out. They'll be occupied-- and might even learn a thing or two!
Our Favorite Summer Activities
Image courtesy of Daily Dose of Sugar Mama
1. Under the sea: Build your own counting game board out of household utensils such as an egg carton, paint and everybody's favorite cheesy cracker snack. Not only will you test their creative abilities, but you'll have a fun learning game when it's all said and done!
2. A collection of crafts: From homemade play dough to flubber and everything in between, find the perfect summer activity to keep you and your itty bitties busy when they're burnt out on the pool or playground. They'll love the ability to create their very own playtime materials and will be entertained for hours!
3. By the seashore: Say goodbye to the usual crayon sketches, because with a few simple steps you and the kids can create their very own beach-inspired masterpiece. With added texture and simple shapes, they'll create a masterpiece reminiscent of their favorite shoreline critters.
4. Crazy colors: Summer is all about carefree fun, right? Throw out all the rules about painting and give your kids the chance to create their own work of art with a little paint by marble action. They'll be entertained for hours on end as they roll the little balls through bright paint colors to create a work of art all their own.
5. Head in the clouds: Let their imaginations soar as you help them to create their very own cloud dough. What child doesn't dream of playing in the fluffy white puffs that fill the sky? They'll adore this updated version of play dough, and they can even help create it themselves!
With so many fun summer activities planned, you won't have to hear "Mom, I'm bored!" come mid afternoon. Doesn't that sound lovely?
-The Girls at Itty Bitty Bella